MFM main site
December 09, 2019, 10:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: blackwings-please help!!!  (Read 7333 times)
bwrichie
Copper Member

« on: May 30, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »

I have been trying to build a blackwing deck and this is it so far..(.. this is IRL)

monsters:
3 Sirocco
2 Shura
3 Bora
2 Blizzard
3 Kalut
1 Gale
1 Ghibli
1 Elphin
1 Mistral
1 Dark creator
1 Dark nephthys

spells:
2 Black whirlwind
3 Book of moon
1 MST
1 Giant trunade
1 Allure of darkness
1 My body as a shield
2 Black-winged strafe
1 Heavy storm

traps:
3 Icarus attack
2 Bottomless trap hole
1 Torrential tribute
1 Dark bribe
1 Starlight road
1 Blackwing bombardment

extra deck:
Stardust dragon
Red dragon archfiend
Black rose dragon
Ancient fairy dragon
Goyo guardian
Blackwing armed wing
Flamvell uruquizas
Gaia knight, the force of earth
Colossal fighter

side deck:
2 mirror of oaths
2 light imprisoning mirror
2 shrink
2 dd crow
necroface
escape from the dark dimension
synchro ejection
blackwing-backlash
against the wind
lightning vortex
Swallow's nest

What possible improvements could I make?
Please fix my deck.  Grin Cheesy Smiley
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:53:40 PM by bwrichie » Logged
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:36:08 AM »

- Add another shura
- Take out elphin
- Change dark nephthys for DAD
- If you can, add another armed wing and an armor master to the extra deck
- Take out Blackwing Bombardment and replace with Delta Crow or Black Thunder.

It's time to do some major DOMINATION!!!
bwrichie
Copper Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:33:04 PM »

-shura, +elphin... I don't think I will get rid of elphin cos he helps me summon level 8 synchros with lv2 tuners. I don't think running 3 shuras is good but I will have to ask my mates about it. for now I will side it but probably keep elphin.
Change dark nephthys for DAD-i am not against changing to DAD but he's hell hard to get for me...already had two chances to get him but he just slipped me and I got extra space for monster so I could just put it in instead.
bombardment I will swap for thunder for now until I get DC A-R

please could you also post why you chose to add or change any cards so I get an idea if I should do it at all...thanks Smiley
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »

- 3 shuras are a must have in this deck, as they can search out other tuners eg. Gale.
- if you need DAD just wait another couple of months as Konami are gonna release the first wave of 2010 tins and in one of them you can get a Super Rare DAD (apparently); and the same with Vayu if you need it.
- although i acknowledge the power of elphin and admit it is a brilliant card, it can be a dead draw if the field isn't in your favor, therefore shouldn't be run in a BW deck. Try it in the side deck or copmpletely remove it.
- definitely add in delta crow as it pretty much single handedly got me into top 8 last weekend.

The basic staples for Blackwings are: 3 Bora, 3 Shura, 3 Kalut, 2 or 3 Blizzard, Gale, 2 Black Whirlwind and Icarus Attack. That, put simply is the core of a Blackwing deck. Then you have the support cards like Ghibli, Vayu, Breeze, Delta Crow etc. that help build upon the core of the deck the deck. And then you have cards like DD Crow, Ryko, Bottomless, Dimpensional Prison etc. which are just generically useful and can be used as major weapons to destoy your opponents.

bwrichie
Copper Member

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:53:46 PM »

I will be getting DAD soon hopefully so it will be a bit easier to finish this deck and I will have 3 shuras and side elphin for now. How easy is it to get delta-crow??? is it in gold pack so it's easier to get or something?
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »

Sorry. It's not in any of the gold series. I think vini might have one but i'm not 100% sure on that. Also there are quite a lot of people who don't use delta crow so you should be able to get it off someone.

Side note: Remove "escape from the dark dimension" and "blackwing backlash" from the side deck and both "black-winged strafe" from your main deck. Then main deck "call of the haunted" and "smashing ground", and side deck 2 ryko (if you can get them; they help against concentrated light which is a major weakness against Blackwing decks)

Also could you please post up the modified decklist as it's getting pretty hard to figure out what's in it and what's been taken out.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:01:01 AM by shadowseymour » Logged

lukasbeeler
Gold Member

Hello!

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 03:33:27 PM »

omg is this everything that ive told u dom on ur BW deck?

Me: Cold wave
Zac: yeah
Me: cat
Zac: OMG u scab
(i turn to vini)
Me: he thinks cold wave rescue cat is scabby
(turns to zac)
( drops double faultroll)
Me: and You thought that was scabby!

YuGiOh GX Ep63 5:47-5:49
bwrichie
Copper Member

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »

ok, one last question before I update my deck. Why did u get rid of strafe? it can get rid of any monster face-down and sends it to grave (not destroying) and 3 books of moon support it. And I also got veil of darkness today, should I replace this for allure or not? cos this seems good card and can help set up for dad or straightly send vayu to grave for synchro summon..if I ever get one, haha
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:23:25 PM by bwrichie » Logged
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »

First i'd leave allure in there and possibly side deck veil. I acknowledge that both are good cards, but i think that allure is more useful as it can be used to draw extra cards whereas veil may lead to DAD but it may mean getting rid of some cards that may be useful eg. Sirocco or Kalut.

Secondly, i told you to take out Strafe because it means discarding from your hand which is not a great idea in BWs as the deck already burns through the hand quite quickly and it's always good to keep at least 2 cards in the hand, just in case. You could use Nobleman of Crossout as a replacement i guess, doesn't burn the hand as much. Or use Dimensional Prison and then you could remove the Book of Moons. I'd have to look at the up-to-date decklist first.

bwrichie
Copper Member

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »

Here is the updated deck list:
Extra deck:
Stardust dragon
Black rose dragon
Red dragon archfiend
Ancient fairy dragon
Blackwing armed wing
Flamwell Uruquiriaz
Gaia knight, force of the earth
Colossal fighter
Goyo guardian

Monsters (19):
3 bora
3 shura
3 kalut
3 sirocco
2 blizzard
gale
mistral
Dark nephthys (will replace for DAD)
Ghibli
The dark creator

Spells (11):
2 black whirlwind
Smashing ground
Heavy storm (gold)
Mst
Allure of darkness
3 book of moon
Giant trunade
My body as a shield

Traps (10):
2 bottomless trap hole
3 icarus attack (will replace 1 for delta crow)
Dark bribe
Torrential tribute
Starlight road
Black thunder
Call of the haunted

Side:
2 Light imprisoning mirror
2 shrink
2 DD crow
Ligtning vortex
Against the wind
Necroface
Swallow's nest
1 elphin (will replace for ryko)
Veil of darkness
Synchro ejection
Black thunder
Blackwing-bombardment (will replace for ryko)

I wanted to make it 20 monster/20 spell+trap deck so IF you want to, post some suggestions.

Getting those extra synchros might be a problem but I have enough synchros as it is already (though armor master would be useful since it's level 7 and has nice effect).
Taylor
Gold Member

YU-GI-OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »

It's up to you but you could play ryko main deck
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 07:21:05 AM »

- Now don't have to run so many book of moons as strafe is no longer in here, so you could replace one with a Dimensional Prison, maybe do the same with the dark creator.(If you can't get Dimensional Prisons, Sakuretsu Armor does make a pretty good substitute.)
- Take out the main decked black thunder and replace with delta crow (you may wish to run 2 of them, but if not then leave the third icarus attack in the deck as it will come in handy).
- Take out the side decked black thunder and replace with the removed dark creator.
- If you have another blizzard, replace mistral with it as they are the same level and blizzard has a better effect.

Also don't make it 20  -  10  -  10 it may work for other decks but not particularly well for Blackwings. It'd probably be better if the ratio of monsters to spells to traps is more like: 22/23  -  7/8  -  10/11/12

I can't really see much more room for improvement except for the stuff I've suggested above if I'm honest, it now comes down to personal playing style and what you think fits the deck.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:37:03 AM by shadowseymour » Logged

bwrichie
Copper Member

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »

Thanks, I will go with 1 dimensional prison (the only 1 I will get) for book of moon and probably take out dark creator for sakuretsu armor but then it would have 18 monsters so not quite decided about that. I will go with you on replacing black thunder instead of icarus attack because it's pretty useful. I would rather keep mistral because it can cause no damage to me for one attack after destroyed and has quite high defence. If I get a blizzard, I will consider replacing it. The only problem I have is that those extra key cards will be hard to get as I mentioned but i will try to get them if I get the chance. By the way, do you know how much Vini is selling delta crow for??? I might buy it... Cheesy
Charlie Mann
Copper Member

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »

Richard, DO NOT put in Sakuretsu Armor, keep the book of moon in.
bwrichie
Copper Member

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

ok then Charlie...I used mine in my macro monarch deck so I don't have any spares anyway. I will still probably get rid of one for d.prison though
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: