MFM main site
December 09, 2019, 10:31:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Imperial Custom: An Experiment  (Read 12575 times)
Azrael
Bronze Member

« on: April 08, 2010, 05:45:50 AM »

Now recently I saw the card Imperial Custom, and I became interested in it. I wasn't sure what I could do with it to start with, but I was certain that there was some use to which I could put it. And so, I decided to try out a little experiment.

I wasn't sure about some of the rulings on this sort of thing, so I went ahead and looked some stuff up on the Wiki, and it turns out that those monster traps, like Zoma the Spirit and Embodiment of Apopis, are not destroyed by battle or by card effects while Imperial Custom is on the field. As well as that, trap cards wont destroy themselves with their own effects unless you refuse to pay a cost. This got me thinking as to how I could abuse this.

First of all, here is a rough deck list. It's by no means perfect, but it demonstrates the ideas behind the deck pretty well.

3 - Super Nimble Mega Hamster
3 - A Cat of Ill Omen
3 - Gravekeeper's Commandant

3 - Necrovalley
3 - Magic Planter

3 - Imperial Custom
3 - Embodiment of Apopis
3 - Cyber Shadow Gardna
3 - Bottomless Shifting Sands
2 - Skill Drain
2 - Royal Oppression

So that's 31 cards so far.

Now there are some interesting combinations there. Magic Planter is pretty much perfect for this deck, as it revolves mainly around continuous traps. Bottomless Shifting Sands will keep eliminating monsters, and wont be destroyed by it's own effect. And the three monster traps will prevent direct attacks, because they are horribly difficult to get rid of with Imperial Custom out.

The Necrovalley, Super Nimble Mega Hamster, and A Cat of Ill Omen are there to help me get Imperial Custom faster.

One thing I should probably mention is a combination to prevent your opponent using spell and trap cards completely; Imperial Custom, Anti Spell Fragrance, and Sanguine Swamp. I haven't included that here, but it is a thought.

Problem is though, I'm not really sure where to go with this deck from here. I could put in cards like Nightmare Wheel and turn it into a burn deck, but I have my doubts about that idea. I could just make it a stall Exodia deck, but with Necrovalley out that would kill it off with one unlucky discard, and with X-Sabre Airbellum so popular right now, that may be a bad design.

By the way, it's worth noting that I don't have all the cards I put here, as this is mostly just a thought experiment right now. You are not constrained by our petty reality in terms of what you can suggest.

Anyhow, anyone have any thoughts?

EDIT: Variant 1

X-Saber

3 - X-Saber Airbellum
3 - Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
3 - Super Nimble Mega Hamster
3 - A Cat of Ill Omen
3 - Gravekeeper's Commandant
1 - Rescue Cat

3 - Necrovalley
3 - Magic Planter

3 - Imperial Custom
3 - Embodiment of Apopis
3 - Cyber Shadow Gardna
3 - Bottomless Shifting Sands
2 - Skill Drain
2 - Royal Oppression
2 - Anti-Spell Fragrance
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:13:33 PM by Azrael » Logged
lukasbeeler
Gold Member

Hello!

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:39:39 AM »

xsaber could b sick

u could add

1 rescue cat
3 rryko
3 xsaber

as your already running super nimble mega hamster and cat of ill omen.

Me: Cold wave
Zac: yeah
Me: cat
Zac: OMG u scab
(i turn to vini)
Me: he thinks cold wave rescue cat is scabby
(turns to zac)
( drops double faultroll)
Me: and You thought that was scabby!

YuGiOh GX Ep63 5:47-5:49
Azrael
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:44:57 AM »

That does seem like a nice idea actually. I hadn't really seen those in action much when I first saw this suggestion, but now I have, it seems like something worth experimenting with. Although... considering I run Skill Drain, Royal Oppression, and Bottemless Shifting Sands, I may encounter a few problems when they affect me in negative ways as well.

That would give me 38 cards. Any suggestions on what the last two could be?
kizza the shocking
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 07:59:36 AM »

I reocn 2 Anti spell fragrence.

YU GI OH FTW!!
Azrael
Bronze Member

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »

Ok, that's worth trying, although if I'm going to use that then I'll just replace the Terraformings with Gravekeeper's Commandants, so I don't slow my own deck down.

Actually, on reflection, there was no reason I couldn't have just done that in the first place, but oh well.

I'll test out that variant on some friends for a while, and I'll give an update when I've played around with it.
kizza the shocking
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »

I looked at this deck a bit and came up with this

Monsters

1 Rescue Cat
3 A Cat of Ill Olmen
3 X Saber Airebellum
2 Ryku. Lightswarm hunter
3 Super Nimble Mega Hamster
2 GK Spies
2 GK Guard
2 GK Commandant

Spells

3 Magical Planter
3 Necrovalley

Traps

3 Imperial Custom
3 Embodiment of Apopis
2 Royal Oppresion
2 Anti Spell Fragence
3 Cyber Shadow Gardna
3 Bottomless Shifting Sands

I took out the skill drain as to be honest it messes up the deck to much, but I kept in Royal Op because most of the special summonning (minus the rescue cat) happens in the battle so oppression can't negate and spies and guard's will be big enough to stop most attacks plus the great for going into double x saber. Hope my list helps a bit.

YU GI OH FTW!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: