MFM main site
July 19, 2018, 08:01:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000 tournamet Daemon List  (Read 5553 times)
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« on: March 06, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »

Right here's my list I've been tinkering with but haven't put into practice.

Keeper of Secrets 450     
590pts
Level 3 Wizard 85
Torment Blade 5
Siren Song 25
Soul Hunger 25

Herald of Tzeentch 115   
190pts
Icon Bearer 25
Flames of Tzeentch 25
Master of Sorcery 25

Herald of Tzeentch 115   
165pts
Flames of Tzeentch 25
Master of Sorcery 25

Herald of Tzeentch 115   
165pts
Flames of Tzeentch 25
Master of Sorcery 25

10 Horrors of Tzeentch 120 
147pts
Standard 12
Icon of Sorcery 15

147pts
Standard 12
Icon of Sorcery 15

207pts
Changeling 60
Standard 12
Icon of Sorcery 15

3 Screamers of Tzeentch 90
90pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch 90
90pts

3 Flammers of Tzeentch 105
105pt
s

3 Flammers of Tzeentch 105
105pts

2000pts

So this army contains, 7 wizards, 1 lvl 3, 3 lvl 2 which knowall the spells from 1 lore i chose, and 3 lvl 1 which always have flickering fire at +1 to cast.

I also have 9 guys who shoot d6 s4 shots a turn, 6 fish which do a automatic s5 hit on all units they fly over, oh and every model except my genral has flamming attacks.

Plus my keeper can force a unit to charge it once per game, and with 6a with first strike he can take a charge.

Opinion guys?Huh
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »

I prefer the Keeper, Masque and herald with the icon of despair combo myself, although the Tzeentch heralds aid the rest of your list well (and have more destructive magic, which is always fun Tongue) so it all works out - are you planning to put the heralds in the horror units or have them running around causing havoc?

Theres nothing to say about horrors - they rock

Im not normally a fan of screamers, im not saying they dont have a place in the list, I just prefer flesh hounds.

Again not much to say about flamers other than I get angry looks if I take more than 3 Wink

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

i can never get the masque to work 4 me don't why, suppose it just don't get women lol,

the heralds can stay with the horrors or leave the unit depending on the situation.

I very rarely use khorne unit's don't know why, just don't.

Flamers are just mocking units, it's a shame change bringers don't exist anymore lol

sadly with what i seen of the new rule book developments this army won't be possible in a GT if the rumours hold true
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »

ok i finally got to try out this list on Monday, and in a space of 3 hours defeated 3 armies with a massacre in each game.

First Game Dark Elves

His army roughly contained: -
Lord on Dragon, with the typical Dark elves lord magic combo.
lvl 2 sorceress
combat hero
2 assassins
5 shades
5 cold ones
4 x 5 dark riders
20 black guard

this game didn't last long and by the end of turn 1 he had lost all the dark riders, cold ones, shades, and 1 assassin, and his lord had no magic items due to my heralds taking lore of metal. in this game i lost the changelings unit and the battle standard

game 2 lizardmen.

lord on carnisour
24 saurus guard
2 x 10 skinks
2 salamanders,
2 of the other type of salamander, u know the new ones
2 regular stegs
1 engine of the god

yet again the changeling unit got killed but the battle standard survived, but in this game the keeper came in to its own killing both regular stegs and the saurus unaided, the changeling did ruin the lord on its beast and killed the carnisour but died to the lord, the unit felt the wrath of the engine of the gods.

game 3 Vamps

Vamp lord tooled up
3 vamps tooled up (magic heavy)
2 Vargulfs
25 grave guard
20 skelys
30 ghouls
10 ghouls
2 x 5 die wolfs

this game was also quite quick, if my opponent didn't waste time deciding on stupid moves.
anyway first turn both vargulfs died to my flammers, and the dire wolfs fell to my heralds flames
he held my magic off but like wise his magic could do nothing either for the first 3 turns,
in his turn 4 i made his lord charge my keeper unsupported and was cut down, so in my turn 4, his magic defence weakened my combined magic missile and shooting claimed his 3 other vamps, along with the large unit of skeleys and ghouls(they had taken damage in previous turns) leaving his grave guard now down to 12 by themselves, and well i don't need to say what happened next lol. i didn't suffer 1 wound in that game, in fact i didn't need to roll a save once
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »

im not to sure, but from what ive read on other forums that quite alot of ppl take anti flame stuff, so 99 % of your army with me duff, i think it was more to to with bloodthrister having flaming attacks n high elves take dragon with the dragon armour = you loose...... not just high elves tho obviously i did see in couple other armies but can recall which ones...

im not to sure if those other armys would be tournie play but just a thought.....
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:36:48 PM »

well they can't take an entire anti flame based army, not even high elves, and the stuff that does gets ripped apart by the keeper or the heralds magic, and in tournament play, taking an entire anti flame army is pointless, since not many army's have flamed based attacks in such quantities as this one, plus a he lord on dragon only the lord is immune, the dragon is not, and that is only if a bloodthirster has the flaming sword anyway, on average a he lord on dragon can not beat a bloodthirster, regardless of upgrades
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »

i just seen something lol, isnt your lord over points 500 max for 2k or u playing a 2250?
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »

This list was put up pre 8th ed mate Wink

Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »

lol ah this list was good but with the new rules I've remade a new list which i have named
mystical tassels

Keeper of Secrets 450
Siren Song 25
Allure of Slaanesh 25

Masque 90

Herald of Slannesh 90
Battle Standard 25
Great Icon of Despair 75

Herald of Tzeentch 115

30 Horrors 360
Banner 12
Musician 6
Changeling 60

20 Daemonettes 240
Command 30

3 Screamers 90

3 Screamers 90

3 Flamers 105

3 Flamers 105
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »

yea i couldnt remember when the book was released lol so thought i just put it anyway haha

thats better dan haha
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 11:51:12 AM »

i like to say this army performend well on it's first game when the keeper killed teclis and 30 swordmasters on his first turn lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: