MFM main site
April 22, 2018, 06:12:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: THE BATTALION BASH BLOG  (Read 16724 times)
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »

The bowmen are done!!!!

With the last peasant out of the way I can get on with the more important parts of a Bretonnian army  Tongue

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Dyce
Silver Member

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »

With everything finally converted, based and undercoated here are some more pictures of my ogres

First up the bulls,

Ironguts, the coats are made from cardboard and then covered in superglue which soaks in and turn it rock solid, or plasticard like.

Leadbelchers & Bruiser.

Finaly a hoard of gnoblars

Next on the to do list is paint the gnoblars (whooo...) i probably wont need them all in my 750 points list but doing them all at once means i wont have to paint any more for quite a while.

The cat in the hat.
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 07:15:04 PM »

They are looking really good so far! I love the coat!!!!

What colour are you going with for the flesh?

Cheers
Matt  Cool

admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »

Looking sweet those Ogres!

Ive started painting my coldones today didnt get to far before i was disturbed but first coat of mechite red is on the lizards.

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »

A little WIP on my BSB -

He's starting to become a bit of a pain to paint - the wire used for the pole is a little bit on the thin side, and starts to bounce everytime paint touches it!  Angry

Cheers
Matt

Hanana banana
Bronze Member

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:21 AM »

Ive finally finished the Cav unit and the Scar Vet.

Just the skinks and the Temple guard to go now  Cheesy

Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »

The BSB is done......for now, the bouncing flag was a complete nightmare, ive got some freehand planned, but not for a while.

Next up the KOTR

Cheers
Matt  Cool

PS - how is everyone else getting on?

admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:58 AM »

Well tbh slowly slowly i think. I have managed to put some colour on my Cold Ones, well one colour red at the moment. Just happens ive been real busy sorting out peoples stuff and the yugioh nats qualifier tournament.

Typical

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Hanana banana
Bronze Member

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »

Tut tut!

I managed to get some painting time this morning - the skinks are done  Cheesy

Just the Temple guard to go now!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 10:01:59 PM »

Ive finished the knights at last! Ill get some pics up in the morning! - Just one more model to go!

Hannahs finished the lot now - ill get her to post some pics in the morning as well.

Dare I ask the question - how is everyone else doing?

....only a few days to go.....

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »

Pics as promised -

Just the flying paladin to go!

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Hanana banana
Bronze Member

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »

Finished!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »

The paladin is done......

Which means.......

IVE FINISHED!!

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Dyce
Silver Member

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 01:25:29 PM »

OK heres my finished Ogre battalion (50+ pictures and my phone can still only manage 1 or 2 ok pics)

I had a chance to get a few practice games in before my real game, to have a chance to learn the rules (having not played before) and get a general feel for my army. All the games were interesting and quite fun so thanks to everyone involved in those, they also led to a number of amusing situations most notably an incident where a (very) giant spider and his spider rider friends where squished by just 2 leadbelchers. Aside for not really seeing why you cant just walk into combat (and thats probably just me) doing this battalion event has been a very good way of getting into this game.

My final (well tecnicly first as well there wasn't much in the way of change) army list looked like this:

748 points 2 power dice 2 dispel dice

Hero:
Brusier - ogres club heavy armour

Core:
Bulls x3 - ogre clubs
Bulls x3 - ogre clubs
Ironguts x3 - great weapon, heavy armour
Gnoblar fighters x20 - sharp stuff hand wepons

Special:
Leadbelchers x2 - light armour, cannons
Leadbelchers x2 - light armour, cannons

So it turns out ogres are a bit on the expensive side and the only upgrade I was able to buy was heay armour for the brusier still it's a list i quite enjoy playing.

My real game would be against high elves, not being shot to pieces was the general plan. An impartial judge/passerby/person/Vini set up the board and we were ready to play I believe I lost the roll to set up first but won the first turn)

Please note these images don't exactly represent turns they just show the most important stuff that happened at certain points in the game.

Setup/turn 1ish:

The bolt thrower got set up first I believe and from that point on it was a case of trying to find ways to avoid it. I set up the leadbelchers on the far right first then the ones on the left by the castle the bulls on the far right hoping to draw most of his army to this side of the board at which point the horses were placed on the left side of the hill which messed up that plan, the rest of my units went on the left to intercept the horses and then hopefully make a pincer movement

Very early turns.

The bulls and leadbelcers on the right ran for the safety of the side of the house although they lost a bull to either the elf lord or the bolt thrower the leadbelchers by the castle ran out into the open to either cause a distraction or be ignored unfortunately they wernt either as the horses decided to charge them but luckily failed their fear test but the archers on the hill caused enough wounds to kill one ogre, his mate panicked and fled for the safety of my table edge. the bulls and gnoblars moved forward while the ironguts and bruiser stood around hoping the horses would charge the gnoblars, the spear elves did nothing.

Early to mid game

having spent the previous turn reforming and moving gnoblars about in such a way as to throw as much sharp stuff as possible at horse guys only to be informed that because they moved and the horse guys had an item of some sort which also made hitting harder they coudnt actually hit the guys (a tad irritating asi had rolled a fair number of 6's) my army decided It would just get into H2h then. the gnoblars chucked sharp stuff at the archers killing 2, possibly in revenge of all the losses they had taken up to that point from said archers, a leadbelcher was lost to the bolt thrower while the one that remained blew up some spear elves. the bulls next to him decided they didnt really want to fight the spear elves or the bolt thrower so stayed hidden behind the house. The horse guys followed the leadbelcher off the board as he continued to panic then they had a choice of running around the castle or going back the way the came. they chose to charge the gnoblars who fled right in front of my bulls on the left great i thought more time spent moving stuff out the way but luckily the gnoblars got run down. the leadbelcher on the right decided that standing in the open with a bolt thrower pointing at you trying to reload was silly so charged the spear elves instead, i think he killed a few but then died horribly in their turn. The elf lord went for a walk, taking potshots at something but I dont remember what.

Mid to late game:

The bulls and Ironguts on the left both charged the horse guys and the bulls on the right having seen the marvellous display the leadbelcher had made the turn before charged the spear elves. I lost the combat with the horses but everyone held. In his turn my leader got challenged and lost half his wounds, then my guys managed to kill enough and the horses broke and got rundown. One bull died to the spear elves while the other one kept pounding on them. the shooty bits of his army had to sit around and watch.

Late to very late game

The bulls went up the hill to try and take out the archers, they could have made a charge but I wasn't convinced they would make it and the rules kinda say your not supposed to charge if you think its to far or something like that, anyway they jog to the top of the hill and then annoyingly the archers make 7 hits and 5 wounds which is enough to wipe them out, sigh oh well. the lone bull on the right finishes off the remaining spear elves and the inronguts get cut down by the lord and bolt thrower.

End of game

My bruiser runs into the bolt thrower decimating everything the last bull cant reach anything and the archers and lord fail horribly at their attacks, the archers claim the top left quarter and I lose because both my remaining units are below half strength.

Still, only a minor victory to the elves and a very close game, i could have done without losing the first leadbelcher to panic early on, and not wasting a turn manoeuvring for nothing but that what happens when you are new to the rules, a lot of amusing things happened along the way and a genuinely fun game against a nice opponent.

The cat in the hat.
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »

Sounds like it was a good game Smiley

Did you use one of the Bat rep programs for the report, or did you make the diagrams yourself?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: