MFM main site
April 21, 2018, 03:31:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pokemon report - 23rd january  (Read 2168 times)
mjdkernow
Copper Member

« on: January 25, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »

Chris and his dad met me at redruth station and we got to the shop around 10.20.

We had 6 people playing today, 2 i dont believe ive seen before ( shannon and brandon ) and nick collins playing in his first pokemon tournament Cheesy

Today all games were best of 3 compared to just the 1 game we used to play.

we were:

Me
Nick collins
Callum collins
Kathryn owens
shannon crago
and
Brandon triggs
( who had an amazing trade folder !! Shocked )

1st round against nick - charizard

I really enjoyed playing against this deck, i knew that charizard had some potential with its pokemon power giving it  +10 attack for every fire creature on the bench so i was eager to see what would happen. In all the games nick had some decent fire creatures on his bench but even thought he got his charizard out a few times i think that he was relying on finding his expert belts to do extra damage, but i got the damage done quicker and won the 2 games needed.
After the game i looked at his deck and told him and callum what cards needed to be put into it, but for a first time player nick did brilliant!!

2nd round against brandon -  garchomp / steel creatures

Being one of the younger players i gave Brandon a little help with some of his game, he was playing mostly basic creatures like registeel and galactic pokemon and i knew once i got my machamp out it would be soon game over for him. In the first game it took a while for me to get my creatures out, i had all the basics on the bench with the energy needed and all the stage 2's in my had my no way to get the middle evoultioins needed, soon i started drawing the stuff i wanted and the game was won. 2nd game i got my creatures out alot faster with machamp bringing me the victory.

3rd round against callum - speedrill

For the last few tournaments ive played against callum and won, would it be 3rd time lucky for him?? Well, yeah. For some reason my deck just wanted to give up, i had nothing on the field and he swarmed me with all his beedrill and sceptile. Needless to say he won both games with ease. But i was glad that his deck finally beat myne! Cheesy lets just hope that its a one off though  Grin

So then, i won 2 out of 3 games giving me 2nd place overall. I got a snorlax promo, a platinum booster, a mysterious treasures booster and a pop 5 pack.

The final standings were

1st Callum
2nd me
3rd Nick
4th Katherine
5th shannon
6th Brandon

Overall it was a great day for me with some great games and doing some trades and getting even closer to completing my 2 sets im collecting.

NEXT WEEK : CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! YEAH!! Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:07:05 PM by mjdkernow » Logged

Pee-Oh-Kay-Eee'-Em-Oh-En.
╔ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ╦ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ╗
║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
║ ╔ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
╚ ╝ ╚ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╝
chris
Bronze Member

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

i was playing yugioh on saturday but did a lot of good trades... these included me getting a rare candy off mark and a pile of golden oldies and a garchomp set off lanyon Cheesy and really looking forward to the pre release..... and on a last note how hard is it to get a stormfront booster these days???

I can win if I think about it. The mind is a powerful thing.
:p
╔ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ╦ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ╗
║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
║ ╔ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
╚ ╝ ╚ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╝
"Im gunna catch 'em all"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: