MFM main site
January 22, 2018, 01:57:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood Angels utilising other chapter HQ's  (Read 13813 times)
Dark Angels Master Azrael
Gold Member

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

rumours are good and nearly true but they are always stretched out and over exaggerated just to sound more exciting

LSMMTUAFIMC
degs23
Copper Member

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 11:59:32 PM »

you describing Vini or the Bell pages?? lol
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »

well everywhere, rumours are rumours, and the more they travel the more get added
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »

ADMIN -- Some of you guys seem to have gone off the point a bit? Please keep to discussing what is relevant in a topic and not arguing about your personnel preferences on armies, rumours or what not! If you would like to do that there are such things as MSN, Facebook etc...

Regards

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Gold Member

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 06:39:48 PM »

ok vini  anyone thought of any HQs

LSMMTUAFIMC
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 02:08:51 AM »

well only in apocalypse games, since the new codex will be a stand alone codex not an add on, blood angels are a race to themselves, technically not space marines but their own species, same as spacewolves, black Templar's and dark angels each with their own unique rules and such,

in apocalypse these restrictions are removed so theirs nothing stopping u their
Gold Member

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »

ok none

LSMMTUAFIMC
Grimlock
Gold Member

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 02:40:04 AM »

the blood angel, dark angels and space wolves CAN'T use the special characters from the codex as the characters in each codex are for each codex only. the reason being is all the chapters in the space marine codex follow what is know as the codex astartas, which is there guild book basicly on tactics. but blood angel, dark angels and space wolves don't hence y they have there seperate codex's with seperate just as gd characters they arn't different spieces just have different ideas and plans then normal space marines.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:44:18 AM by Grimlock » Logged

degs23
Copper Member

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 11:58:28 PM »

QUOTE: PAGE 127 OF THE SPACE MARINES CODEX "ULTRAMARINES AND OTHER CHAPTERS"

"You'll notice that the named characters in the space marine army list are drawn from several different chapters, but they can still be used in the same army if you wish. This can represent the common occurrence of different space marine chapters fighting alongside each other . Alternatively, you can use the model and rules for a named character to represent a mighty hero of a different chapter - for example, using the rules and model for Marneus Calgar as the chapter master of the imperial fists, a space marine chapter of your own design - you just need to come up with a new name.

This is a perfect way to personalise your army - Just make sure your opponent is aware of what everything counts as."

So reading that, yes you can move specials from on army to another......
Grimlock
Gold Member

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »

for the armys in the space marine codex u can BUT in blood angels, dark angels and space wolfes u can't. As they are SEPERATE armys and DON'T follow the normal space marine codex and are NOT subject to those rules. hence y u can't use those characters with them, as due to events that happened in horus herasy these are the main ones that still have issue with other chapters.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:33:40 AM by Grimlock » Logged

degs23
Copper Member

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »

you may want to inform GW Truro of that little nugget then....lol, it was there that I heard about this.

It does leave it open for the "use it and rename it it " part of that rule though i guess.
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »

in casual games i dont see why you shouldnt be able to just as long as you choose which codex you are going to follow for the majority of units and FoC. in tourny games you can only use the characters and units from their respective codex, the blod angels PDF counts as its own codex at the moment Sad. This is really a mute point as blood angels are getting a new codex in 2 months time and i can say that you probably wil wanna use the characters from that anyway.

though about
QUOTE: PAGE 127 OF THE SPACE MARINES CODEX "ULTRAMARINES AND OTHER CHAPTERS"

"You'll notice that the named characters in the space marine army list are drawn from several different chapters, but they can still be used in the same army if you wish. This can represent the common occurrence of different space marine chapters fighting alongside each other . Alternatively, you can use the model and rules for a named character to represent a mighty hero of a different chapter - for example, using the rules and model for Marneus Calgar as the chapter master of the imperial fists, a space marine chapter of your own design - you just need to come up with a new name.

This is a perfect way to personalise your army - Just make sure your opponent is aware of what everything counts as."

So reading that, yes you can move specials from on army to another......

they are basically saying you can use the space marine codex characters to represent and space marine chapter but you have to use whole space marine codex for the army. e.g my bike army, im using khan as a character but the army itself isnt white scars.

and you cant always trust a red shirt from the GW shops, they only need to have a basic knowledge of the game systems and ive seen myself how they can misinterprit rules very easily

I reject your reality and subsitite my own
Gold Member

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »

i know they cant use them if i could i would use lysander with a 20 man pack of grey hunters and see if those pesky dire avengers can out shoot me

LSMMTUAFIMC
Grimlock
Gold Member

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 12:49:02 AM »

you may want to inform GW Truro of that little nugget then....lol, it was there that I heard about this.

It does leave it open for the "use it and rename it it " part of that rule though i guess.

wouldn't be first time i would have told them how there codex's work. also aresxero is right in a friendly game were ur not fully going by rules of proper army building u could use them for blood angels. but in tourny based form and if wanna get use to rules u only use blood angels pdf for blood angels and codex space marines for self made chapters an any mention chapter in the book, an wolfs for wolfs etc etc. best way to find info instead of asking GW staff is ask the ppl that done it for years in one system like myself or vini as we generally know wha were talking bout an how to break codexs within the rules. an most gw staff won't play my chaos as my chaos army is broken an still talked bout cos of it >.>. plus i never sore anything wrong with horde of red mad men led by a pink deamon who can move things towards them, although i can't remember it losing in 1500pts either *ponders* i need to push that luck more i think Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 12:52:20 AM by Grimlock » Logged

Gold Member

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »

we'll see about that (pulling out my jimmy the hive tyrant and friends ) i'll see when i'm next and inform you

LSMMTUAFIMC
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: