MFM main site
September 26, 2018, 07:32:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokémon Platinum Arceus  (Read 4495 times)
Yugi Lee
Copper Member

« on: December 09, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »

Well it’s been a few weeks since this set has been released and a lot of the people I have spoken to about this believe that has to be the best Pokémon set made so far! Looking through the whole set list it’s hard not to find a card that isn’t good in its own way.

So fair I love the new Charizard set and the awesome Spirtomb. Thanks to this set Fire decks are becoming more playable again! For example a basic fire deck would now be able to do the following:

Make Spirtomb you active Pokémon
Spirtomb gives you a Charizard over two turns.
Let Spirtomb get knocked out then send out Charizard
Charizard gets +10 to its damage for each fire Pokémon on bench.
Give Charizard and Expert Belt just for the sake of it
Fill up your bench with cards like Great Ball, Luxury Ball, and Rosanne’s Research etc.

This will give you a Charizard that would be dealing at lest 90 damage for 1 energy, 140 for 3 energies and all it took was 3-4 turns to set that up.

So what cards have you all taken a shine too this set? And what major combos have you seen with all the new stuff?

"Clustering hopes will become a new shining star!
Become the path its light shines upon!
Synchro Summon!
Take flight, Stardust Dragon!"
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 06:51:29 PM »

Obviously Expert Belt is brokenly good probabily the best card in the set, but cards I have taken a shine to are Gengar Lv X - his effect to shufffle back other Lv Xs from the bench is horrid. When you couple Gengar with the Gallade and Gallade Lv X to spread damage onto all your opponents Pokemon it can lead to a pretty quick annihilation of your opponents pokemon if they dont lv up quick.

Im likeing a ton of other cards from this set too but too many to name!

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
afroninja
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »

well, i might as well write the whole set down

╔ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ╦ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ╗
║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
║ ╔ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
╚ ╝ ╚ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╝
"Im gunna catch 'em all"
Scott Omlo
Bronze Member

Scomlo_

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »

there was alot of cards to my liking, such as the Gengars and the reprintend Oaks Visit. but the winner really had to be; Expert Belt. with 4 in your deck you will easially open with one turn 1, and is made easier with Department Store Girl! I can see Expert Belt being played in almost every single deck as the sickness of it is very high. I win most of my games With it.

Hello Smiley
chimmy88
Copper Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:46:18 PM »

well expert bel is a good card but you might have to know when to use it, because if you have expert belt attached to one of your pokemon with 10-100 hp left and your aponant has salamance out they could levl it up and use doubble fall to make it so you can draw an extra prize and if you have expert belt on your active pokemon... your oponant may have half of his prize cards gone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: