MFM main site
January 20, 2018, 03:17:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pokemon Reports 28th November  (Read 2292 times)
Scott Omlo
Bronze Member

Scomlo_

« on: November 28, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »

Okay So I turned up with a deck i made last night, and felt like it could work. I got my 4th SP Energy so i put it in my deck. I was playing Empolion SP, its is a really fast fast deck that could kill really quickly! I CBA to go into detail into games as their was only 3 rounds.

Round 1- Taz - Win
Round 2- Micheal C - Win
Round 3- Jazz - Win

So in the end i came 1st i won 1 pack of VIctors and one POP Series 8. Didnt get anything special.  I traded to get some more SP Toolbox Stuff (Im Almost Their!).

Kool tournament Vini. See ya when theirs another one on!

Hello Smiley
chris
Bronze Member

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »

so i turned up afta finalx findin mark nd then we got on
round 1: me v will 1-0
round 2: me v mark 1-1
round 3: me v micheal 1-2
first tourney and i ended up 7th afta this mark ran a small 5 man tourney wich i won ... pros everytin cons havin to make a new deck

I can win if I think about it. The mind is a powerful thing.
:p
╔ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ╦ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ═ ╦ ═ ╦ ═ ╗
║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
║ ╔ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ═ ╣ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║ ║
╚ ╝ ╚ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╩ ╩ ═ ╩ ╩ ╝
"Im gunna catch 'em all"
mjdkernow
Copper Member

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 10:36:15 PM »

^^^ Yeah, well as chris said he and his dad met me at redruth train staition at around 9:30 ( carl wasnt able to bring me up today cause he was in london ). Anyway we arrived at the market house at 10:15ish and just waited around till the tourney started talking and trading with the other players.

there were 8 players in total

me
chris
will
scott
jazz
taz
mike
callum

I was playing a flychamp deck today.

1st round i was against callum.

He was playing speedrill which i was quite worried about seeing that its one of the top tier decks and 'flychamp' was supposed to struggle agianst it.. which for most of the earlier part of the game it did. Callum had all sorts of creatures on the field and a large amount of energy. He took out my heavy hitters flygon and machamp early leaving me struggling to stay in the game but, as the game progressed i started drawing the cards i needed and somehow stalling him out by retreating creatures and healing them with my nidoqueen. I  finally got a flygon out and powed up with the right energy and a expert belt then i drew into flygon lv x which pretty sumed up the game, we were both low on cards in our decks and with 'gon lv x's milling power callum had drawn the last of his cards giving me the win.

2nd round. chris

Chris was playing the grass water deck i helped him to build. First turn i only had a machop and he had tropius which was resistant to my fighting types, he used a successful fly attack leaving me worried i would loose by losing all my creaturs by turn 2. I then started drawing the cards i needed ( uxie being a massive help to me, once it drew 7 cards) when i got my flygon out and a few evolutions on the bench chris couldnt do much to stop me and eventually i won the game.

3rd round . will

I felt a bit sorry for will in this game, i got my machamp out in one of the first turns, he only had basic pokemon for the entire game and machamp causes a 1 hit ko when it attacks a basic, needless to say this game didnt last long.

PRIZES

Both me and scott won all 3 of our games but seeing that he got paired down/up (whatever Smiley ) with and opponent that won at least one game it gave him the edge in the 'system that works things out ' to give him victory for the day ( with me in second place ) i was happy to see the pop packs given away as prizes even thought i didnt get anything amazing it was a good day  overall.

Now a brief sum-up of the 2nd tourney.

Vin was busy and seeing that this was a 'fun and free' tourney i gave it a go at judging and running it. After i got used to the system for pairing up players we had 3 rounds with chris  and callum in the game for first place and chris winning overall ( he borrowed my flychamp deck ) .

So yeah overall the day was great with me having some great games, an experience into running tourneys (kewl) and getting the last card i needed for my supreme victors set.

hope to see y'all at the next pokemon tourney Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:00:09 PM by mjdkernow » Logged

Pee-Oh-Kay-Eee'-Em-Oh-En.
chris
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »

Yeah I forgot to post details of the second tourney.
Round 1 i somehow got a bi
Round 2 micheal claricoats, manectric luxray starter deck
Round 3 Callum Speedrill...

FLYCHAMP FOR THE WIN...

I can win if I think about it. The mind is a powerful thing.
:p
"Im gunna catch 'em all"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: