MFM main site
October 22, 2018, 06:36:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat 2  (Read 7210 times)
AresXero
Copper Member

« on: November 16, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »

I just got back from the GT heat 2 at the weekend and just to let you guys know i came 42nd overall with my khan bike army, getting 3 wins 1 draw and 2 loses with 5722 victory points and that gave me a ticket to the finals in March.
There were a lot of 2 land raider armies at the GT this year and i was fortunate enough to not run into them, though i did manage to blow up a redeemer in game 6.
I won against 3 marine players, drew to a guard player and lost to a witch hunter army and a marine army.

I reject your reality and subsitite my own
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »

Congrats Phil do you have any more info like an army list or a report? Would be good to know!

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »

yeah, that was just a quick message to say how i did.
My army

HQ
Kor'sarro Khan on moondrakken
Chaplain on bike

Troops
Full Bike squad with power weapon on sgt flamer and heavy bolter attack bike
Full bike squad with flamer and heavy bolter attack bike
Full bike squad with melta bombs on Sgt, 2 meltaguns and multimelta attack bike

Fast attack
4 scout bikes with 3 astartes grenade launchers, power fist on Sgt and cluster mines
Landspeeder Typhoon
Landspeeder Typhoon

game 1 VS space marines (annilalation)
so 1st game, played a guy from aberdeen, he was using a sternguard drop pod army with lysander and pedro. lucky for me i kept everything in reserve to outflank and he drop podded down his 2 sternguard squads on my right hand side of the board, moved into cover which proceeded to expode killing 2 sternguard (gotta love cluster mines). his scouts came on in his turn 2 on my left and then on my turn 2 my stuff came on my left hand side and porceeded to nuke his scouts in the LS storm and the drop pods were taken out by my typhoons. This is about i can remember about this game but i won 6-2 on kill points.

Game 2 Vs space marines (capture and control)
right so im now against the only other space marine bike army at the tounament with korsarro khan in it. i go 1st and come onto the board 1st with my entire army, so i turbo boost it all. his turn he gets most of his army on with khan being in a command squad and termies and a typhoon, his typhoon sot at mine but the 4+ cover save kept it from doing anything to me, his khan charged mine and beat me, though not without takeing a few casulties himself, khan gets hit and run and moves back and in my turn his tyhoon makes sure his isnt going to be hitting me again. my scouts do F all to his termies and khan moves away. His razorback comes on with a 5 man unit inside and his command squad charge my khan again, im beaten again but still do some damage back and agian khan hit and runs away and his termies pollish off my scouts and move over his objective.
My last squad comes on on turn 5, i combat squad it and surround the razorback, i finish off his khan by shooting and the razorback gets wrecked by my bikes and with nowhere to get out the unit inside gets wiped out and i move onto my own objective.
i win 1-0

game 3 vs space marine (seise ground)
Hated this game cant really remember much, except i couldnt hurt anything, and the other player was a bit of a dick.
i lost 1-0

Game 4 Vs Guard (capture and contol)
there were a lot of tanks in this army and i couldnt really deal with the amount of firepowre he dished out with 2 basilisks and other plate weapons, it was still a close game and in the end all his tanks woere damaged in some way shape or form and i had 1 biker sitting on my objective and he blocked me from his with all his remaining tanks.
draw 1-1

game 5 vs witch hunters (seise ground)
again a lot of tanks but this time there were 3 exocists to try to deal with, and this time he had about 50 troops to wade though to get there. this turned out to be one of the more fun games i had even though i cant remember much of it, apart from he rolled a stupid amount of 6s for the exocisits mumber of shots mut when it came to close combat never rolled a 6 to wound my bikers. if the game had finished on turn 6 i would have won but it went to turn 7, i managed to pull him off 2 objectives but he was just in on the 3rd os i lost.
lose 1-0

game 6 vs space marine (annialation)
back to what my army likes to do, though this time i had to deal with a landraider with lysander and a squad of 5 thunder hammer storm shield termies and 2 vindicators. i placed my cluster mines in just the right terain and managed to blow a demolisher cannon off a vindicaor. and all my bikers came on on turn 2, unfortuanatly all but 1 on the side of his land raider. khan and his squad shot and charged a tactical squad in cover, 2 of my guys dieing to dangerous terrain and me thanking the dice gods that the chaplain has skilled rider, annhialating it competly and the scout bikers blowing up a rhino. my scouts then died to a vindicator which was actually aimed at khans squad. he charged my random bike squad with a scout squad and that combat managed to take 4 turns despite him having a powerfist in the unit, though in the end my bikers died. he charged khans squad with his termies and a meltagun squad with lysander, kahns squad managed to weather the attacks, killing 2 termies and him rolliong poorly for his attacks i only took 2 casulties, lyasander only killing 1 guy himself. at the end of combat khan tryed to hit and run but no he wanted to stay and fight and in my turn i blew up the land raider with a random meltagun shot. lysander mopped up his combat and khan killed the last 3 termies.
lysander then decided to charge kahn, taking 2 wounds off the "combat monster" who manaeged to hit the squad kahn was in twice but rolled a double 1 for wounds, khan decided it was time to leave and then on my turn charged another tactical squad and wipe it out.
last turn of the game lysander failed to get into combat and i imobaliased a already crippled vindicator.
final score win 6-4 kill points

so with 3 wins 1 draw and 2 loses, giving me 102 points, it was down to victory points to decide whether i was going to the final, as i said i had 5722 victory points which puts me in 42nd place.
i wasnt really that confident with myself and i think i made a few mistakes somewhere but it was a good weekend and fun was had for all but 1 game but well there is always gonna be someone you dont get on with.

this is what i can remember about the tourny, but i had to try to keep my concentration up for 6 games over 2 days so i think i can be forgiven for forgetting some things Tongue

Dark Angels Master Azrael
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »

congrats lots of mech lists up there. your list is good but i do think your list lacks tank killing power mayby a multi melta bike squad insted of the scouts

LSMMTUAFIMC
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »

i have a squad with 2 meltaguns and a multimelta and i found that with that squad, the 2 typhoons and the scout bikers i can take on most tanks anyway, especially as the melta squad can combat squad the way i want it to and be able to take on multiple tanks at the same time.
Plus the metalgun squad of bikes costs 290 points and to be viable the bike squads have to be full and the scout bikers cost 155 points.

Gold Member

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »

okay i was supposed to say attack bike squad 150 pts but if your happy with your list just ignore me it is just my opinion

LSMMTUAFIMC
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »

okay yeah an attack bike meltagun squad makes more sence, and it is and extra wound and a different kind of fire power to the scout bikers

Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 08:15:41 AM »

congrats dude, glad to hear u did well, i was going this year but sadly i left it to lte to get a ticket, plus with uni work would not have finished my army. oh well next year i will go sinse no more uni
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 08:53:40 PM »

great report Phil an interesting read aswell. I hope to get my butt to a Heat or Two soon. Do you have to use the same army in the finals or can you change it at all? And if you can do you think you will?

Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »

no you dont have to use the same army in the finals, so if i wanted to i could even go with orks Tongue
I think my list for the finals will be

HQ
Kur'sarro Khan on moondrakken
Chaplian on bike

Troops
Full bike Squad with power weapon on sgt, 2 flamers and heavy bolter attack bike
Full bike Squad with power weapon on sgt, 2 flamers and heavy bolter attack bike
Full bike Squad with power fist on sgt, 2 meltaguns and multimelta attack bike

Fast attack
Landspeeder Typhoon
Landspeeder Typhoon
Squad of 2 multimelta attack bikes

the only thing i really didnt want to lose was the cluster mines, they did alright over the weekend but having the 2 melta bikes gives me access to an extra power weapon another flamer in the anti infantry squad and they are another dedicated anti tank unit. Plus the 2 attack bikes have the same number of wounds as the scouts and i have a 3+ save instead of a 4+. Gonna miss those cluster mines though Tongue

admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »

That sounds like a well rounded army! When is the finals? are you gonna have plenty of play testing time

AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »

the finals are the 13th-14th March do i got plenty of time to get ready. yeah you need to get to the heats, should hopefully be going to heat 2 agian next year so you lot there need to pull your fingers out and come, would be quite interesting and so far ive been to 2 GTs now and they have been a good laugh each time.

Tigger
Bronze Member

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »

congrats phil good report and result.

i've always liked the heats we've played in but that has been warhammer not 40k. so so true about the player you didn't like as well - we had a few like that !

there are no wars only global struggles!! anybody for a game of global-struggle-hammer?
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »

yeh ive been to one GT and it was great fun. Unfortunately one year i even brought a ticket but couldnt go in the end which sucked. I plan to go again for sure though.

Gold Member

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »

just wanted to know at the gt's were there loads of mech lists there

LSMMTUAFIMC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: