MFM main site
June 21, 2018, 08:04:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW GT ARMY LIST  (Read 6840 times)
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« on: November 15, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »

Planing to go to next years WFB GT after sitting down and looking through army books looking for great modeling ideals and painting colours schemes. I've come up with this army:-

Lord
Drycha                                                                                           355pts

Heroes
Branchwraith                                                                                     65pts
Level 1 wizard                                                                                 +20pts
A Cluster of Radiants                                                                        +25pts
                                                                                                    140pts

Branchwraith                                                                                     65pts
Level 1 wizard                                                                                 +20pts
                                                                                                      85pts

85pts

Core
Dryads (10)                                                         12pts each             120pts
Branch nymph                                                                                  +12pts
                                                                                                     132pts

Dryads (10)                                                         12pts each             120pts
Branch nymph                                                                                  +12pts
                                                                                                     132pts

132pts

Special
Treekin (4)                                                           65pts each            260pts
Treekin Elder                                                                                   +20pts
                                                                                                    280pts

Rare
Treeman                                                                                         285pts  

Treeman                                                                                         285pts

Total                  1981pts

each unit will be converted to look like a different speices of tree i.e. oak, Willow, Maple etc.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:23:41 PM by Hunkin » Logged
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »

Not bad list, I would drop the treekin for 2 more units of dryads though. That would give you an extra unit, and treekin don't have 360 line of sight so they’re not as manoeuvrable as the rest of the army

I’ll post a couple of lists I’m thinking of doing probably this evening except my beasts of chaos list since they are the next race to get a book, and I don't know their new rules yet
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »

good point

Lord
Drycha                                                                                           355pts

Heroes
Branchwraith                                                                                     65pts
Level 1 wizard                                                                                 +20pts
A Cluster of Radiants                                                                        +25pts
                                                                                                    140pts

Branchwraith                                                                                     65pts
Level 1 wizard                                                                                 +20pts
                                                                                                      85pts

85pts

Core
Dryads (10)                                                         12pts each             120pts
Branch nymph                                                                                  +12pts
                                                                                                     132pts

Dryads (10)                                                         12pts each             120pts
Branch nymph                                                                                  +12pts
                                                                                                     132pts

132pts

132pts

132pts

Rare
Treeman                                                                                         285pts

Treeman                                                                                         285pts

Total                  1955pts
Rob
Copper Member

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:02:39 PM »

Hey Chris, I dont have my army book handy but i believe the branchwraiths cost +50 to upgrade to lvl1 wizards. What I would do if i were you would be to use Drycha and a lvl 1 branchwraith with cluster, then take a level 1 glamourweave spellsinger with 2 scrolls on a unicorn, (is forest spirit so allowed in drychas army) fluffwise someone has to awaken all those trees and manipulate the winds of magic in athel loren. Character wise wood elves suck so would leave it at that, also you need to find out if you can take cluster on a branchwraith as drycha has 2 so not sure on that.
 Troops wise you only need 8 dryads per unit as you can only get 6-7 in combat and skirmishers dont get rank bonuses. Definitely take 1-2 units of 4 treekin(optimal frontage), they can be used as an anvil or even if opportunity arises to flank and remove rank bonuses. Also if you arent going completely tree based you might want to consider a unit or 2 of wild riders to flank with maybe instead of treekin as they are also forest spirits. Double treeman is fun and you wont get comp score hit as you have no BSB.
It should be noted that 8th edition might be out by the GT though so you might want to see if it changes anything dramatically.
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:22:05 PM »

good points, just wanted to get a head start on army. I'll make any changes if needed when 8th comes out. I did think about the glamourweave but felt that 225pts was a lot of points put on one character plus i did feel it would fit the theme of the army. I'll have to check about the cluster of radiants as i wasn't sure about it myself.

Lord
Drycha                                                                                           355pts

Heroes
Level 1 wizard                                                                                 +50pts
A Cluster of Radiants                                                                        +25pts (conformation?)
                                                                                                    140pts

Level 1 wizard                                                                                 +50pts
                                                                                                     115pts

115pts

Core
Dryads (Cool                                                         12pts each               104pts
                                                                                                     116pts

Dryads (Cool                                                         12pts each              104pts
                                                                                                     116pts

Dryads (Cool                                                           12pts each             104pts
                                                                                                     116pts

Dryads (Cool                                                           12pts each             104pts
                                                                                                     116pts

116pts

116pts

Rare

Total                  1955pts
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:55 PM »

what the smily mean?
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:37 PM »

its should be ( 8 ) but for some reason it put a smiley in
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 12:17:18 AM »

is their no upgrades u can tke for 45pts?
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:48:05 PM »

Spite of some description for 25pts
Rob
Copper Member

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 10:00:38 PM »

There are 2x good 25 point sprites, one gives d6 attacks at low ws,a,s and I. Good for hordes (skaven could be popular) and there is a shooting one that can target wizards, not sure on bs of the branchwraiths though as my book is still in the shop, bad me.

I still feel you need to be aware that you have nothing which can break ranks and with everything being ItP you will be hard pressed to bait or redirect to get combo charges off. From an idea though i love the whole tree  theme and could potentially be popular among people.
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »

list similar to this have done well at GT but remember theirs a new rule book out b4 the gt so rules will be changing, sadly no rumours to what will be changing have been revieled other than the new boc will be fully written to match the new rule book
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:12 PM »

right i've decided i'm doing a Morgher list for Beastman as their known as now, what will i be takeing is unknown, what their rules are unknown all i know is i'm doing his army and it will be Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 09:24:59 PM by Darak Vardek » Logged
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 11:12:56 PM »

Might go Empire "Reiksguard" Army did plan to to put 2 LV2 Wizards in it at first but was advised to put Warrior Priest in to makes a couple of units unbreakable. Core knight units will hold up units, Inner Circle Knights Joined by Battle Standard and the Marshal make a big impact on the turn they charge, Outrider support  the core knight units and pick off smaller units.

Lord

Kurt Helborg                                               325pts

Heroes

Captain of the Empire                                    50pts
Full Plated Armour                                         +8pts
Warhorse                                                   +10pts
Barding                                                       +4pts
Battle Standard                                           +25pts
Banner of Arcane Warding                             +30pts
                                                               164pts

Warrior Priest                                               90pts
Hammer of Judgement                                  +25pts
Armour of Meteoric Iron                                +25pts
                                                                154pts

Warrior Priest                                               90pts
Two Handed Hammer                                     +4pts
Heavy Armour                                               +4pts
Van Horstmann's Speculum                            +30pts
The Crimson Amulet                                     +20pts
                                                                162pts

Core

Knightly Order (5)(23pts each)                      115pts
Musicain                                                     +8pts
Standard Bearer                                         +16pts
Preceptor                                                  +16pts
                                                               155pts

155pts

155pts

Special

Knightly Order (10)(23pts each)                    230pts
Knights of the Inner Circle (+3pts each)          +30pts
Banner of the Daemonslayer                          +50pts
                                                               300pts

Outriders (5)(21pts each)                            105pts
Outrider Champion                                      +16pts
                                                              139pts

139pts

139pts

Total                                                     2000pts

Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »

after play testing the Empire army I'm not sure weather it would pay to drop one priest for a wizard or not. The priests made the small units of knight hold up large units of Undead Horsemen/ Chariots and won combat by the amount of damage the knights and Priest had inflicted. The only trouble was magic with only 4 Dispel Dice and no Dispel scroll a lot of magic got through. 
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »

After looking a few GT armies lists on forms i found a few i liked the look of which had a Dread lord on Black Dragon and two War Hydra's and modified them to this list. With the possible rules changes coming up i think this army would work best. Which Also so i plan to heavily convert the army.

Lord

Dread Lord                                                                         140pts
Black Dragon  (+Hero)                                                          320pts
Shield                                                                                  3pts
Sea Dragon Cloak                                                                   6pts
Crimson Death (Str 6 Two Handed Weapon)                               25pts
Armour of Eternal Servitude (Heavy Armour regeneration)             35pts
Pendant of Khaeleth (Ward Save roll under the str of attack)        35pts
                                                                             Total    564pts

Hero
Sorceress                                                                           100pts
Level 2 Wizard                                                                      35pts
Dark Pegasus                                                                        50pts
Dispel Scroll                                                                          25pts
Dispel Scroll                                                                          25pts
                                                                             Total    235pts

Sorceress                                                                           100pts
Level 2 Wizard                                                                      35pts
Dark Pegasus                                                                        50pts
                                                                             Total    235pts

Core
(5) Dark Riders (17pts each)                                                    85pts
Repeater Crossbows (5pts each)                                              25pts
                                                                             Total    110pts

(5) Dark Riders (17pts each)                                                    85pts
Repeater Crossbows (5pts each)                                              25pts
                                                                             Total    110pts

Total    110pts

Special
(5) Cold One Knights (27pts each)                                          135pts
Dread Knight                                                                        16pts
Death Piercer (Lance Killing Blow)                                             25pts
Musician                                                                              8pts
Standard Bearer                                                                   16pts
Standard of Slaughter (+D3 to Combat Res when charge)            35pts
                                                                             Total    235pts

Rare
War Hydra                                                                          175pts

War Hydra                                                                          175pts

Grand Total 1949pts

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: