MFM main site
October 21, 2018, 10:05:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fanatic + Hill = ?  (Read 3694 times)
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« on: April 07, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »

Hi everyone,

This question gets asked alot, and ive heard several different answers, all of which make sense, but what is your take on the result of a Night Gobbo fanatic moving onto a hill?

My personal opinion is that it depends on the type of hill, a normal bump in the ground isnt going to cause issues, but a stepped hill certainly would!

So what do you guys all think?

Matt Cool

hairypig
Copper Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:00:02 PM »

Greetings,

So long at the beginning of the game it is clear between players what terrain features count as I do not think this should be a problem.

If the hills are purely slight ridges in the ground that would not impede normal troops movement I do not think this would kill the fanatic, on the other hand if the hill was a clearly defined terrain feature that forces restricted movement I think to the fanatic it would count as impassable and as such- kill it.

I think this slightly unfair on the goblin player but that is how I interpret it. Of course if the Goblin player could argue his point equally I think it would come down to a roll-off. (If the terrain had not been classed at the start of the game)

Ant  Cheesy

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:46:36 PM »

It seems to be that anything that is considered a hill, rather then a ridge or uneven ground would kill a fanatic - unfortunately. Id be enclined like the hairy pig to suggest that people decide before hand what constituets a hill, and if it cant be decided amicably then a die roll should be made to decide Smiley

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »

That's how we have always played it, but its amazing how many people even after thats been decided feel they need to argue the point. Its amazing how much fear a goblin with a ball and chain can bring to the table  Wink

admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »

Yeh but we all know why they are so scared of that ickle gobbo - cos hes the only reason we run units of 20 goblins LOL.

I remember the 1st time I used fanatics against Dan Halliday and he charged his fearsome Chaos Warriors straight into my Night Goblins and I released the 3 Fanatics, and was like do you want to continue your charge. He was like "Of course!" only to lose practically the whole unit. Its suffice to say he never did that again.

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
hairypig
Copper Member

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:51:12 PM »

Bretonnian lance formations dont enjoy them very much either. I found that out the hardway.

However Slaves absorb the blurred green impact very nicely.

Forward my furry Ratkin!! To victory!!!   Roll Eyes

Ant  Cheesy

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: