MFM main site
December 13, 2018, 04:40:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormvermin, worth it or no?  (Read 11906 times)
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 04:32:27 PM »

I can see your point to a certain extent, in that they would hit harder than the rest of the Skaven army, but that said they would still struggle against alot of the other race's basic infantry unless large amounts of them are taken (there are of course a few exceptions to this)  im not denying they may well have there use's, I just feel that a Skaven list could be far more competitive without them, and I certainly wouldnt say that they are essential for a Skaven victory.

Grimlock
Gold Member

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 12:46:53 AM »

thing is there a nice spear head as there generaly ignored for better targets suchs as jazzels and warplightning cannons

Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 06:41:26 AM »

Would plague monks not make a better "spear head"? If I remember correctly they are T4 and have the options for additional hand weapons, so they are harder to hurt in the first place and have the ability to dish out more damage. They also have frenzy which would make them immune to psychology until they lose around of combat, meaning that they can afford to take a few losses along the way.

The downside to plague monks is the fact that A) they take up a special slot, and B) they cant have a weapon team, but that being said they would still make a better "spear head".

I still think more clanrats would be the way to go, but if you are looking for a little extra punch there are plenty of other options available, hopefully the new army book will make me change my opinion on Stormvermin, by either reducing the points cost, or giving them some tasty new rules.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: