MFM main site
October 21, 2018, 08:52:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: War of the Ring  (Read 3369 times)
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« on: March 07, 2009, 11:07:46 PM »

Right guys, i recently played the new War of the Rings game games workshop is about to release.

It pains me to say it but i believe its the best game system games workshop has ever released, so much so i got my dad coming to c me and fetching all my lord of the ring models to play with.

Right b4 i go on its NOT lord of the rings game, but a completely new game just with the same models.
It like what fantasy rules should be. character's are helpful but not game deciding like warhammer. Also some of the rules are great like mumacks have the special rule "ridiculously hard to kill" and the mouth of sauron has "epic cowardness" which are both harsh rules

let u know more when i don but its a good game and my current fave game system to play, ven though i am a warhammer die hard fan
Grimlock
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:17:20 AM »

u do realise thats LOTR and not fantasy warhammer right?

admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 09:02:56 AM »

Yeh Im pretty sure Darak knows the difference between LotR and Warhammer Fantasy Battle but i havent posted a LotR section because lets be Honest Lord of the Rings game was a bit poor in comparison to the other systems. Ill be getting some of this war of the ring in (well book) and bases anyway! And stocking up on a few core box sets too

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:42:33 AM »

yeah the lotr rules did suck, and big games me and dwarf boy use to have lasted bloody ages and not get anywhere. the new rules make it far better, quicker and fun to be honest, lots of formations creatures and characters.

I'm doing a Mordor list when i get my models, and my mates doing Uruk Hai, each with their own rules and abilities

and yes i do know the difference between warhammer and lotr, but since their is no lotr tab i fealt it suited the fantasy tab more than he 40k
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:41:58 PM by admin » Logged
Hunkin
Silver Member

Daemonsimith Socerer

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:44:08 PM »

technically it is a fantasy based game so it would fit under this category
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: