MFM main site
September 26, 2017, 04:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 40K Slow Grow League  (Read 5808 times)
Dyce
Silver Member

« on: February 08, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »

(Info from the 40k league document, thought it may as well get posted here - and to make it easier to post on the Facebook page Smiley )

WELCOME ONE, WELCOME ALL!! To the first ever Mid-Cornwall Gaming Club 40K Slow Grow League which will be taking place every Friday from 6.00pm - 10.00pm at Mad for Miniatures. You do not have to play, or attend every Friday (well unless you want too Smiley because you can play any other person in the League on any Friday night.
The League will start on Friday 2nd March 2012 and will consist of 4 three month rounds.

This League has no Entry Fee!!! There will be prizes at the end of every round. Plus at the end of the League there will be a Tournament where everyone can use their finished 1500pt Armies.
Anyone can join the league at any time and you do not need to have a painted army (although you will receive extra points for completing painting in each part of the League. This League will be using What you see is What you Get also known as WISIWIG e.g. all weapons and upgrades should be represented on the model as much as possible

ROUND 1
* 400pts Standard Force Organisation
* 40 mins per game
* A MAximum of 5 Games per Round (So thats 5 games in 3 Months - easy)
* Games will be random Objectives (SEE 40K RULE BOOK)
* Be aware the Army you decide to use is the Army you will use throughout the League

ROUND 2
* 750pts Standard Force Organisiation
* You must include the Original 400pts from round 1
* 40mins per game
* A maximum of 6 games for round 2
* Games will be random Objectives
* You must have a Headquarters building that has a Base No bigger than 6" x 9" and no taller than 12". This HQ must be accessible by you and your opponent. Models inside this building will gain a 3+ cover save against models shooting into the HQ building. If an opponent gains access to your HQ and stays alive, for 2 full turns then you will lose the game by Scenario loss[!] NOTE THAT YOU DO NOT NEED to make your own scenery as there are plenty available from the club

ROUND 3
* 1000pts Stndard force organisation
* You must include the original 750pts from round 2
* 40 minuets per game * A MAXIMUM OF 7 GAMES FOR ROUND 3
* Games will be random objectives * HQ OBJECTIVE STILL APPLIES

ROUND 4
* 1500pts Standard force Organisation
* You must include the original 1000pts from round 3
* 60 Mins per game
* A maximum of 8 games for round 4
* Games will be random objectives
* HQ objectives still apply

WIN-----------------------------------------------------------------------------3PTS PER GAME
DRAW---------------------------------------------------------------------------2PTS PER GAME
LOSE----------------------------------------------------------------------------1 PT PER GAME
FULLY PAINTED ARMY (THREE COLOURS AND BASE)----------------------- 1 PT PER GAME
BEST SPORT AT THE END OF THE ROUND----------------------------------- 3PTS PER ROUND
BRING YOUR OWN HQ BUILDING CUSTOM MADE BY YOU------------------ 2PTS PER ROUND
WIN BY USING HQ OBJECTIVES---------------------------------------------- 1 FT PER GAME

AT THE END OF EVERY ROUND PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE
1ST------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ £15
2ND----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- £10
3RD----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- £5

AT THE END OF THE 40K LEAGUE THERE WILL BE A KNOCK OUT TOURNAMENT
1ST ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- £20
BEST PAINTED ARMY------------------------------------------------------------------- £20
WORST LUCK (WORST DICE ROLLER)------------------------------------------------ NEW DICE !!!

Bring your army list to each league night. If you have any question please ask Patrick Baron
at the club or enquire at Mad for Miniatures

You can also Sign up here Smiley
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:32:24 AM by admin » Logged

The cat in the hat.
Broome907
Copper Member

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »

Yeah Iam up for this wolves for the wolf god lol

For Russ and the Allfather
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 07:33:50 AM »

Me too! I will be using my own chapter of Marines 'named Bling Marines' XD

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
swarmlord
Copper Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »

i will also be starting a blog with in the forum covering all my games and armys! eg pictures of my army per ronud, game high lights ( good or bad ), victory  Cheesy or defeat  Cry and giving some helpful advice. i hope everyone has a great time playing and i look forward to seeing all your replies and your own blogs

The Black Swarm is comming, are you prepared.
awsomesteve
Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »

think i'll be joinin with tyranids never played 40k ever so should be good to learn

Rabidweasel
Copper Member

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »

I'll be using my Blood Ravens using the Blood Angels Codex, will be strange being the good(ish) guys for once!
swarmlord
Copper Member

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »

ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS! ORKS!

The Black Swarm is comming, are you prepared.
Dyce
Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »

I know the second round isn't going to be for a while yet but for those people who want to get a head start on building the HQ (or so Mike knows how much cement and bricks he would need  Wink ) heres a template. If you intend to print this out make sure the program you use scales the image to fill the whole page (annoyingly image hosting sites tend to scale images down)

The cat in the hat.
MikeOke
Gold Member

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:45 PM »

I'm very tempted to build one, and slap the Cygnar logo on it, so I don't feel totally unfaithful to Warmachine...

Mike Oke
Bringing "Tough" to a new low
For the Motherland!
Taegmar
Copper Member

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 09:23:34 PM »

Hmmm... I'm tempted to look at the 40k stuff again but I am really loving playing WarmaHordes. May consider things more when the Tau and Eldar are updated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: