MFM main site
January 22, 2018, 01:47:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rout  (Read 2885 times)
Broome907
Copper Member

« on: April 18, 2012, 08:10:08 PM »

Since the annoucement of the slow grow league I have been looking at many forum sites and picking though the codex with a fine tooth comb for my list. So here is the army list for the first round of the slow grow league.

Wolf Priest with combi-melta, melta bombs, wolftooth necklace and wolf tail talisman

Blood claw pack with 8 blood claws 1 with flamer

Grey hunters pack 5 grey hunters 1 with plasma gun, mark of the wulfen, wolf standard and a twin-linked heavy bolter razorback.

Many people diss the blood claws for being a poor unit but I have always like them and they have attacks by the bucket load on a charge!!!! Plus in such a low point game they will not be going up against anything to nasty!!
Since I am takeing blood claws the obviuos HQ option was to take a wolf priest. I gave him a combi-melta and melta bombs just for some anti-armor.
The grey hunter were taken for objective camping thus the shooty load out (plasma gun), the mark and standard were taken for any counter charges.
That left me with just a few points for a twin-linked heavy bolter razorback for a bit more fire power to pop transportsand some moveable cover for the blood claws.

For Russ and the Allfather
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02:38 PM »

Just some advice so you don't tailor your list too much just for the 400 pts, id suggest if you design a 1500 point army first and then work back from there you know that youll have a balanced army throughout the whole process. Then you just start stripper units of upgrades until you reach the point requirements
Broome907
Copper Member

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »

thanks for the tip that is what I did do. I started with 400pts worked up to 1500 then worked back, then repeated this step decideing which units fills the role I believed were needed at the set points level.

For Russ and the Allfather
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: