MFM main site
October 21, 2018, 09:53:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fresh Start  (Read 4176 times)
Verminkin
Copper Member

« on: March 12, 2012, 05:26:24 AM »

Hey Guys,

just thought i'd make a new post about getting Fantasy back into motion in the shop, i'd like to get a new Fantasy League started up again soon similar to the Slow grow league of 40k.
I've considered adding in a few extra idea's for the points system such as: best painted Character/best painted Army/completed painted units for each phase, and lastly an idea that i thought of taken from a competition in a white dwarf.
This last idea was from the Competition known as: "The Spirit of Warhammer", this is where players can create, and paint the best character using Conversion methods or simply adding a new scheme/theme to the character.
Another idea i've been toying with and considering is adding objectives within the battles to mix things up for players to encourage goal driven games.
This new league is my proposition to encourage players to start something new in fantasy or perhaps to rekindle with old armies they have.
Each phase will have longer time periods so players will have time to play other games such as Warmachine/40k/Magic/Yugioh etc.... etc...

Let me know what you all think, any input would be much appreciated.
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »

Tbh I think getting the 40k slow grow league well under way before starting a fantasy one! We are fairly scarse on fantasy players at the moment so can use the 40k league to build impetus for a fantasy league! Some nice ideas though....

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Rabidweasel
Copper Member

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »

I'll actually be up for the fantasy league as a few of the guys i've brought up to the club recently are talking about doing fantasy armies as well as 40k.  I've got three (technically seven if i split the chaos space marines into legions) 40k armies so starting a fantasy one will be a nice break from the norm!
Verminkin
Copper Member

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 11:44:53 PM »

well i'll pop into the club somepoint in the next couple weeks, but i'll post up the phase starting point when im ready to go ahead with it, hopefully it will be end of april/begginning of may.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: