MFM main site
December 05, 2019, 07:49:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frozen Heroes  (Read 5338 times)
EgoValentyne
Copper Member

« on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »

Hey, I though of this idea the other day and I've been trying to get it to work but deck building isn't my forté, this is it:

Monsters: 20

2 x Daisojo of the ice barrier
2 x Defender of the ice barrier
3 x Destiny Hero Dasher
2 x Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
2 x Elemental Hero Ice Edge
1 x Elemental Hero Stratos
3 x General gantala of the ice barrier
3 x Prior of the ice barrier
2 x Secret Guards of the ice barrier

Spells: 17

Dark Hole
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Pot Of Avarice
2 x Destiny Draw
Future Fusion
3 x Medallion of the ice barrier
2 x Miracle Fusion
2 x Parallel World Fusion
2 x Moray Of Greed
ROTA

Traps: 6

3 x Ultimate Offering
2 x Divine Wrath
Solemn Judgement

Extra:

3 x Absolute zero
2 x Great Tornado
2 x Vision Hero trinity

Basically this idea is to spam general gantala so my field is locked out from my opponent while using the d - hero engine to get through my deck and make absolute zero (the others are there just cos i can) as a win condition. Dasher is to summon gantala and dai-sojo easily and fusion fodder, Ultimate Offering helps me swarm.

Feel free to give advice as this build isnt really working yet. Cheers
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »

The basic ice barrier support seems to all be there (and i'd know seeing as i run a non-synchro variant of them) and there is enough search and draw power which i've always found are the critical two things to have in a deck. However I'd make a few changes:

general ice barrier points
  -  this build only really needs 2 gantala and 2 prior as the deck isn't entirely ice barrier
  -  run at least one "samurai of the ice barrier" as it allows you to discard an ice barrier monster and draw a card, perfect fodder for using gantala's effect and it also means that you can take out cards such as "moray of greed"
  -  add 2 "a legendary ocean" that way you can summon gantala off 1 tribute instead of 2, plus it boosts all water attributes by 200 ATK/DEF. plus it helps against gravekeepers as it gets rid of "necrovalley" which shuts down both gantala and "miracle fusion". (To add it to hand i'd suggest adding either "Terraforming" or "Warrior of Atlantis", it's your choice. Although i think the latter would be better as it allows for fusing)
  -  using "magic triangle of the ice barrier" auto summons gantala and still allows you to normal summon ie. "samurai of the ice barrier", discard Defender to draw and then at the End Phase reclaim Defender setting up the 1600 ATK lockdown
  -  possibly side deck "general raiho" as this card makes your opponent to discard a card when they try to resolve a monster effect or it's negated. Against GBs, to tag out they'd have to discard 2 cards - one to tag out and another if the tagged in monster wants to work. Likewise it'd be quite brutal against LS and some chaos decks.
  - also you could run "dance princess of the ice barrier" as it is very good at regulating your opponent's back row so long as you can keep your hand full.

other points
  -  I'd suggest replacing the 2 "divine wrath" with something else, ideally "solemn warning" or another brutal trap  Huh
  -  Possibly run some form of spell recycling i.e. "Magician of Faith", or somthing like that. This way you don't need to run pot of avarice as much, as you can just banish the monsters in grave to fuse by taking back "miracle fusion" or "parallel world fusion"
  -  Also "polymerization" and "king of the swamp" aren't too bad, as discarding king adds poly to hand (allowing to fuse with a hero in hand), plus since king of the swamp is water attribute you can use it to fuse "e hero absolute zero" later with "miracle fusion" or"parallel world fusion". also it allows for the use of cards such as "fusion recovery" which i find useful my absolute zero build.
  -  side 2/3 "macro cosmos" because your deck can benefit from it, if you side a 3rd "parallel world fusion" you can still fuse, and because most decks just shut down against it.
  -  also put future fusion into the side deck as this deck has so much search and draw power it should be able to fuse quickly enough without it, especially if you run poly.
  -  also try adding some xyz monster in the extra deck, preferably low rank monsters ie. rank 1,2 and 3 monsters. ("Baby Tiragon", "Gachi Gachi Gantetsu" and "Number 83: Galaxy Queen" would be my suggestions)
  - add "starlight road" to the main deck and "stardust dragon" to the extra deck to protect against cards like "mirror force" and "dark hole".
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:18:39 AM by shadowseymour » Logged

It's time to do some major DOMINATION!!!
EgoValentyne
Copper Member

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »

Ok thanks for that I'll consider it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: