MFM main site
September 26, 2020, 06:26:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should "Red Eyes Darkness Dragon" be Forbidden?  (Read 11519 times)
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« on: May 23, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »

In my opinion Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is an extremely broken card that permits the user to summon a swarm of other broken monsters really easily; and for that reason it should be forbidden.

It's able to be summoned first turn really easily by the use of future fusion and red eyes wyvern, and then able to summon an almost unstoppable army of dragons in the next turn (eg. Prime Material Dragon, Clear Vice Dragon etc.). And on top of that if played properly thurn 5, BAM!!!, you're staring down an FGD. Not nice.

It's time to do some major DOMINATION!!!
Azrael
Bronze Member

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »

Its strong, but not as broken as all that.

If anything it should be Future Fusion that gets banned, as its the uber support card that makes REDMD so powerful. But I don't think that should happen either really.
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »

while the dragon is fairly stong, i dont believe it is anywhere near broken, as ive played in the older sets broken is a word that is used far to often for new cards. Also the potential for hate siding is very high for this deck,  couple of crows and bottemless. and maybe as machines and dragons are used a bit more now perhaps you could throw in 1 or 2 elecrtic virus's. Broken is for example drawing 2 cards for 1 " pot of greed", harpies and alike, cards that have no down side at all
shadowseymour
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »

Have you actually ever played against it? It's a bloody nightmare to contend with

It's time to do some major DOMINATION!!!
corebay
Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »

i play the dragon decks its really not tht hard to kill
dodge--crazy
Silver Member

welcome my friends to the others

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »

my team m8 has deserter dragons built so i play it on a regular basis, it really not that hard to contend with, cause it can be mirror forced at ease of tt when they hit the field and the wayverns are then removed from the game, and with syncros so strong all u hav to do is wam out a scrap dragon and done there it goes. now to make it as broken as ur making it out to be it would have to be able to special summon a copy of itself from the graveyard or hand, but it dosnt so its alot easier to deal with.

Vin: this is a wired top 8
Me: why??
Vin: Your in it haha
Me: WTF Vin!!!!
everyone else: hahaha
pangster
Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »

my team m8 has deserter dragons built so i play it on a regular basis, it really not that hard to contend with, cause it can be mirror forced at ease of tt when they hit the field and the wayverns are then removed from the game, and with syncros so strong all u hav to do is wam out a scrap dragon and done there it goes. now to make it as broken as ur making it out to be it would have to be able to special summon a copy of itself from the graveyard or hand, but it dosnt so its alot easier to deal with.
lol

top 8 national 2010
dodge--crazy
Silver Member

welcome my friends to the others

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »

shut up pang :L big p i my team m8 :L

Vin: this is a wired top 8
Me: why??
Vin: Your in it haha
Me: WTF Vin!!!!
everyone else: hahaha
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »

I think the dragons main issue is that you can't special summon it straight away from wyvern as you have to wait till end of turn. It's just to much time to wait not even getting an atk through. And I wouldn't comment in this manner if I didn't play the deck.
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »

This card is deffinately powerful giving you a free summon a turn! Gonzos right in the fact it can be slow waiting for it to be summoned from a Wyvern, waiting a turn to attack and use its effect can be a major issue in a fast format, especially with electric virus running around in many peoples side decks. However a nicely dropped Dodger Dragon followed by a special summoned REDD using his effect can potentially be quiet nasty! His 2800 dmg does keep him safe from most Synchros - well bar Collosal!

I'd deffinately say this card is better then good, but not restricted worthy by a way!

6/10

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
glynzo
Copper Member

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 11:38:22 AM »

The only thing that now makes it really good is that not many people are playing bottomless, instead they are playing Solem warning making Dodger dragon very good and as everyone else said collosal, chariot, hole, honest, and trishula and various other cards kill it. Its a good card but there is much more stuff that is more broken than it and does the same capable field swarms like Rekindling and launcher.

Pokemon DS competitive Battling at MFM!

Rules!
http://forum.madforminiatures.com/index.php?topic=1111.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: