MFM main site
January 22, 2018, 01:49:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultramarines movie  (Read 5801 times)
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« on: October 19, 2010, 06:16:09 PM »

For those that didnt know - Codex pictures started work on an animated film staring.....you guessed it The Ultramarines.

Full details on the website - http://www.ultramarinesthemovie.com/

The trailer looks pretty cool, dont get me wrong its not the best animation ive seen but as a fan of the 40k universe im still looking forward to watching it when its released on the 29th November.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vF_VLZotWc

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 07:55:42 PM »

they are showing it at a cinema near me, it's gonna be well good, even though lame ultramarines will win over chaos, why, because good guys all win. I will not say what i think about that
McFunk
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:23:16 AM »

they were ment to have made this movie years ago!!!  still looks ok though the rendering is about 10years old lol
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 06:29:37 AM »

This is a different film all together, it was first announced last year at GD so its taken just over a year.

The original attempt at a 40k movie was by some other company and never got to see the light of day! (and from what ive heard about it - for good reason!)

Cheers
Matt

McFunk
Bronze Member

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »

ahh makes sence then lol, still will watch it looks alright they mey even do a second one if its good any they make a bit of £££££ on it. though thanks for letting us know Smiley
Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:57:50 PM »

its an awesome movie, did the hobby justice, and to what i here a 2nd one is planned
Dark Angels Master Azrael
Gold Member

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 01:03:54 PM »

They should have done the horus heresy personaly there's more explanation to what these 7ft creations are and why some of them are traitors plus loads of more films can be made

LSMMTUAFIMC
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »

Why would they need to have a film that explains what a space marine is, something tells me that if you don't already know you arnt the type of person that will either go to the cinema to watch this or buy the DVD.

I reject your reality and subsitite my own
Dark Angels Master Azrael
Gold Member

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »

phrased wrong what they are. why they were created cause lets behonest for a random person watching this does he really have a clue what or why these guys are and are chucked into the deep end on this

LSMMTUAFIMC
AresXero
Copper Member

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 11:09:32 PM »

Not quite sure what you were trying to say there. But like I said before someone without prior knowledge of the fluff is not likely to watch this. I'm also not sure how the horus heresy is gonna help with the understanding of what a space marine is as by the time the hours heresy does roll around space marines have been around for a while.

I reject your reality and subsitite my own
GonzoMfM
Silver Member

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 07:22:29 AM »

im pretty sure it was intended for current players, and then on top of that any other people that go watch it is a bonus plus good publicity
Ego Ninja
Platinum Member

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »

It was indeed intended for the current 40k fanbase - although as pointed out by GonzoMfM anybody else watching it is a bonus.

Ive also heard rumours of a second and third movie, but I hope they sort out the distribution and customer service before any future releases.

Cheers
Matt  Cool

Darak Vardek
Silver Member

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 10:40:55 PM »

yes their distribution wasn't good, which isn't a great start 4 their 1st film.

the 2nd one is apperntly elder related
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: