MFM main site
December 12, 2018, 05:32:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Series 2 not so much a rumour  (Read 15798 times)
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« on: January 30, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »

So I heard Gold Series 2 is gonna have some kick arse cards MFMs ordering loads LOL pre order now: Price TBC

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8750/photo0050wq0.jpg

Discuss?

Vini: Clone Shell is amazing!
Jake: No it's not it's rubbish!
Vini: What are you talking about it's great with Eldrazi, Emrakul turn 5 blamo!
Jake: Don't be silly you couldn't even win a fnm with it!
Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
DarkW
Copper Member

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »

I was hoping NOT to spend too much this year on Yugioh....

Seems that may go out of the window.

It's good that DAD is finally going out to the masses and that we're also getting Gold Sarc. I'm also interested in what the other Gold Rares will be? PWWB perhaps?

A good money making scheme I'd say, seeing as getting DAD and Gold Sarc will be like getting DMOC and CCV from the first gold series.
Scott Omlo
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 09:27:47 AM »

F?!*!!!!! This set looks awsome!!! DAD in gold rare...SWEET!! Looks like TELEDAD will be Easier to make now!!!
Skye-Boy
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »

i heard of the internet the syncro broaini ice boundary dragon or whatever its called is surppossed to be printed in this but also it did say ccv was being reprinted in it so this could be but a mere rumor

Decks Of Skye's:
Lightsworn
Blackwings
mwtp
Bronze Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »

brionac is in the japanese gold pack

Natty
Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:49:42 AM »

Yer, Brionac has only been confirmed to be in the Japenese Gold Packs so far, and I advise people not to get too carried away about hearing that DaD is coming out, it's more likely to be printed as a Short-Print, meaning that it will still be hard to get. I say this because if you look at all the recent reprints, they have all been hard to get still and have not dropped by very much, if at all, on any website.

Take for example:
Mirror Force
Destiny Hero - Malicious
Destiny Draw
Dark Magician of Chaos (when it was legal)

They all remained hard to get cards and stayed at relatively the same price. People see these packs as cards "being released to the masses," when really they are just huge money making schemes! Sure there will be more of these cards about, but that won't mean anything.

This is just one of many reasons as to why I'm keeping my Dark Armeds exactly where they are, in my deck! I'm not going to be forced into panick selling them! If at most they will drop from the current price of 100 to 70! Plus you can sure expect Gold Sarcophagus to be the same price as a CCV is today, £200+ imo!

The only way reprints ever work as being released to the masses, is if they are released as commons or rares like in Japan, but that won't happen here because of UD's policies.

Anyways, that's my two cents, hope I made sense and will get through to some people's heads (Steven Mitchell), he is already selling his DaD's...fool! lol

Bring me 2 Gold Sarcophaguses Wink Tongue

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »

Its fair to say that these Gold Packs will not see every person being able to play TeleDAD decks - even if the DADs are easier to get and do drop to £70 you still have to get Telports, DDraw Malis etc etc.

Vini: Right next week I'll play Clone Shell deck then ........ and the rest is history
Scott Omlo
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »

Yeah, but malishouse + DDraw is out in Retro Pack 2!
Tigger
Bronze Member

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 08:19:02 PM »

another thing to remember is that although the cards are reprinted you still have to pull them from a pack which is limited in print and costs much more than other boosters. of all the crush cards in the shop not all came from mfm boosters. also the gold cards don't have the same appeal as secrets to everyone. not much of a problem with sarc but dad's!?! i'll have secret anytime thanks.

also pulling anything specific from retro pack 2 is gonna require buying a lot of boosters or getting very lucky.

there are no wars only global struggles!! anybody for a game of global-struggle-hammer?
Natty
Silver Member

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »

series 2 will be more popular if anything...how can you say it will be less popular? gold sarc, jd, dad?...lol no thought into that post really

admin
TeamMfM
Administrator
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »

another thing to remember is that although the cards are reprinted you still have to pull them from a pack which is limited in print and costs much more than other boosters. of all the crush cards in the shop not all came from mfm boosters. also the gold cards don't have the same appeal as secrets to everyone. not much of a problem with sarc but dad's!?! i'll have secret anytime thanks.

also pulling anything specific from retro pack 2 is gonna require buying a lot of boosters or getting very lucky.

Tis true that the Gold Boosters cost more - but at least people will have a chance to pull these top cards again. You have to remember that PTDN although still available in MFM currently is out of print so most shops/websites dont even stock them or have limited stocks all the time so the likely hood of people getting DADs is slim to none most of the time.
The other great thing about Gold Pack 2, or Gold Packs in general is that many of the other cards that are/where/will be available are targeted at the main stream players of the game - giving them hard to get cards like DMOC, MForce etc that are also in sets that are unabtaneable or not worth purchasing from. Gold Packs are not being targeted at duelists that have every card - they are for the masses of players that are lacking those playable/disirable cards. -

UD include cards like CCV and Gold Sarc because UD know damn well that if those cards were not in there players like myself that have all the cards would probabily buy 1 Pack for the novelty factor, but because of those specific cards we are much more likely to buy 10+ packs it doesnt then matter if we dont get the Gold Sarc cos we will have loads of trades, but you know what i mean.

Gold Packs are for the masses to improve their collections..

Out of the 350 packs sold in the shop there were i think 10 CCVs pulled although not all of them stayed in the shop! So thats an average of 1 in every 35 packs although im not sure that was the ratio that was set by UD! Some were lucky and brought a pack and pulled it (TIM) while others brought more and were lucky enough to pull it, others had to pay for theres but basically if you were paying less then 35packs x £12.99 you were getting a good deal. So what im really getting at is unless UD make the pack ratio better, and you want a gold sarc you better get saving Cheesy or cross your fingers LOL

Although true the Gold compared to Secret doesnt appeal to everyone! I can assume that comment could only come from a person that already owns 2 Secret ones and everyone else would just be happy to get DADs whatever rarity.
ill have a secret anytime
, sure fair enough but sometimes thats impossible for people!

On the flip side of that with DAD deffo confirmed and JD speculated this pack does seem evidently better then GS1

With Retro pack 2 also aimed at mainstream duelists that dont have all the cards i cant see a duelist buying alot of the set being a problem, because even if not Malis and Draws the set is geared to help them anyway and its a damn sight better then buying hundreds of Duelist packs LOL

Natty
Silver Member

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 07:46:21 PM »

some good points raised Vini!!! I know that I'll be buying a few packs. just to try and get Gold Sarc!!!

Now I hear that Konami are in charge this time, and this is wot the OCG got in their Gold Pack:
    *  GS01-JP001 Watapon 「ワタポン」
    * GS01-JP002 Dandylion 「ダンディライオン」
    * GS01-JP003 Marshmallon 「マシュマロン」
    * GS01-JP004 Jinzo 「人(じん)造(ぞう)人(にん)間(げん)-サイコ・ショッカー」
    * GS01-JP005 Exodia the Forbidden One 「封(ふう)印(いん)されしエクゾディア」
    * GS01-JP006 Sangan 「クリッター」
    * GS01-JP007 Cyber Dragon 「サイバー・ドラゴン」
    * GS01-JP008 Raiza the Storm Monarch 「風(ふう)帝(てい)ライザー」
    * GS01-JP009 Honest 「オネスト」
    * GS01-JP010 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary 「氷(ひょう)結(けっ)界(かい)の龍(りゅう) ブリューナク」
    * GS01-JP011 Mystical Space Typhoon 「サイクロン」
    * GS01-JP012 Swords of Revealing Light 「光(ひかり)の護(ご)封(ふう)剣(けん)」
    * GS01-JP013 Monster Reborn 「死(し)者(しゃ)蘇(そ)生(せい)」
    * GS01-JP014 Heavy Storm 「大嵐」
    * GS01-JP015 Scapegoat 「スケープ・ゴート」
    * GS01-JP016 Torrential Tribute 「激流葬」
    * GS01-JP017 Mirror Force 「聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-」
    * GS01-JP018 Royal Decree 「王宮のお触れ」
    * GS01-JP019 Bottomless Trap Hole 「奈(な)落(らく)の落(お)とし穴(あな)」
    * GS01-JP020 Crush Card Virus 「死(し)のデッキ破(は)壊(かい)ウイルス」

I think those are the gold rares, but I know they also got things like Honest in common, so who knows we may get something like this...fingers crossed Cheesy

DarkW
Copper Member

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »

* GS01-JP010 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary

If this comes out in the english one, I may just consider giving up for a while. It's effect is extremely broken, if not ban worthy.
Natty
Silver Member

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »

agreed darkw, although i wudnt quit  Cheesy

ben-pen
Silver Member

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »

it is extreamly broken not worth quiting over but people that can't afford this will be completely screwed and might just have to quit because of how much beter other players will be. plus other cards like honest, mirror force and ccv. so let's hope it dosen't come out in english

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: